So we had a conversation at work today about what "business casual" meant. I argued the point that for women it means a lot more than for guys. As far as I can tell, for guys business dress means slacks, button down shirt, tie and coat. While business casual means button down shirt, or polo, and slacks. And if you're lucky dark wash jeans, but as a general rule jeans are out. Where as for girls business casual does include dark wash jeans paired with a blouse and nice shoes. Well, one intern was adamant that jeans are never business casual.
The point of the conversation was that even though today was considered "business dress" some of the women could be considered wearing business casual, because the categories are less defined. I really made one female intern mad making that assertion, but she doesn't like me anyway.
So what is my point. I really want to know what the difference for girls is. One intern suggested business dress for girls includes a jacket of some sort. Is that true? So I know some women read this blog, so tell me your thoughts, please. You can email them if you want.
2 comments:
my impression (from my professional dress code we have to abide by) business casual for men is as follows: slacks, polo, sweater, or button up shirt (no tie or jacket necessary) For women: slacks/ skirt , blouse/ sweater (again no jacket required). So I'd say it's up to the business cause if I wore jeans they'd shoot me. So I'd say Jeans are out for everyone, even nice dark wash jeans paired with heels. ;)
According to Stacey and Clinton, business casual can include dark wash jeans for women, but heels and a fitted jacket to go with them are a must.
Post a Comment