Thursday, July 24, 2008

Flash Flood Alert

I know that you all are waiting on pins and needles to hear about two things from me. Yesterday, I took my second actuarial exam (which is actually supposed to be the first test you take) on probability. I was really stressed out about it and worried. I mean, who wants to pay big bucks for an exam only to fail it, right? Anyway, as I was walking to the testing center, I passed by a group of mentally handicapped adults who were being herded somewhere. They were so cute and happy to be going wherever. I stopped and thought about them for a moment. I was worrying about this exam and feeling stupid and here was a group of people that couldn't even live on their own without help. I felt really humble and grateful all of a sudden that I even had the opportunity to study for this test and the intelligence to possibly pass it. So going into the test, I figured pass or fail, I was pretty lucky. But I am happy to say that I unofficially passed! I was in shock and disbelief when the little score sheet popped up on my screen. So I am on my way. Ironically, I still do not know the test results for the one I took in May.

So to celebrate, I met Chase at work last night and we went out to dinner at Uno's. We have decided that we need to open one in Utah as well as a Rita's. For desert, we decided to walk up to La Madeleine's and get pastries. So divine. I got the fruit tart and it has the beauty of appearing healthy but being sinfully good. Just after we walked in to the restaurant, the clouds parted and it poured cats and dogs. The water was hitting the pavement so hard that it was bouncing back from the ground to peoples' knee caps! We waited for a while but eventually decided that we just had to go home. We could see the flooding the weather report had warned us about as the water covered the street. About half way home, we came upon a river rushing down 28th street. Being chivalrous, Chase stepped into the water first to block the current for me. I made it across fine but the water was up to Chase's butt and he almost got swept away. Don't worry though. We made it home okay and the water never reached the third floor.

Now for the other excitement you've been waiting to hear is how Bill Clinton hit on me. So we went to see this comedy group called Capitol Steps and they have some really good impersonators. So out on to the stage walks Bill Clinton and he looks over at me. He says, "What is that I see? I spy a hottie on the front row." At which point, I start blushing like mad which is not hard for me to do. He continues, "I can picture it now. It's 3 am at the White House and it's you calling me. Booty call!" I was dying of laughter and then he said to the audience, "Her husband's gonna kill me." I loved it! I'm not going to lie, I felt special. And at the end of the skit, he looked at me, held his hand to his ear like a phone and mouthed "Call me." Really, can it get any better than that?

No comments: