Besides my technology problems, I've been having a pretty good time. Teaching this semester has been interesting. I teach at a glorified high school so my students are sometimes difficult to work with. I am happy to say, however, that my one student who is just trying to pass the class with a C got a B on her last test and that half of the students who got an F on the last test were actually taking notes and asking question today instead of sleeping. This is always a good sign. Other than teaching, I am studying for another actuarial exam. It's easier material this time but harder to concentrate now that it's fully summer. We have been doing lots of fun stuff as you can see. We're trying to figure out what to do tonight...sunset parade or drag queen bingo? A tough decision, I know.
So I've become addicted to Trader Joe's and weird tasty organic food. Today alone, I have had fiberful fruit leather, flatbread with flax seeds and organic chocolate cat cookies. I never thought I would be one of those weird health junkies but I am becoming one. I do go every week to Weight Watchers with a friend of mine. We make a whole day out of it. First we go to WW and then out to lunch (because we already weighed in, right?) followed by grocery shopping at Trader Joe's. It is my favorite day of the week actually.
Speaking of addictions, I have also become addicted to Stephenie Meyer. I just finished her book, "The Host" and I couldn't put it down. I felt sad when the novel ended, I just wanted more to read. Good thing she has a new book coming out in August. There's so much coming out this summer. I have a million movies on my list to see. We went to see "Get Smart" last night and I loved it. It was funny. Definitely different from the original but you want it to be that way. I just love Steve Carrell. He cracks my whipper snapper.
Anyways, before wrapping up, I thought I would add some pictures to our blog since that is supposed to be my job. They are some of my favorites.
National Cathedral:
Williamsburg, VA
Mount Vernon
Favorite sculpture in the Sculpture Garden:
DC skyline:
3 comments:
Those are fantastic pictures, Kerri. And aside from having to spend the money on a new one, I'd thrilled to get a new cell phone. That means a new electronic toy and I would have to look at a number of new electronic toys before I got found the one I wanted, and then I'd get to really play with my new electronic toy.
Exciting stuff. And good luck on your test.
So do you have a new phone yet? I haven't even disconnected my land line yet and the idea of no cell phone weirds me out. Don't worry. The land line will go away when we move. And I've heard great things about Trader Joe's. If we can find one around here let's go for the next Sisters Day.
Some of those pictures are eerily familiar... :)
Post a Comment