Saturday, July 12, 2008

What do you do when your wife abandons you for a few days?

Not much.

Kerri left yesterday afternoon while I was in class to spend the weekend with her family in Baltimore. So I was pretty lonely yesterday. In fact I didn't do much. I went to a couple of bookstores and browsed which was kind of nice, and that was about it.

Today was a different story. After getting about 4 hours of sleep last night (we live between 2 bars, and there is one across the street so it gets noisy some evenings) I woke up at at 6:30 to get ready for our trip to Pennsylvania. Today my class went to Gettysburg National Military Park, not the Natural Battlefield that my family saw last year. We had a guided tour that was really interesting, but a bit long. The battlefield is really pretty, and they are trying there best to restore it to what it would have looked like in 1863. I tried to take some pictures:

This is the view from Little Round Top

A cannon



Some important dude


After Gettyburg we ate lunch a at buffet. My professor described the quality of the food as 2 steps below Chuch-A-Rama. It was pretty bad. I bet you are all wondering why we go there aren't you. It is because some family out there is funding all of our trips, and the food is cheap.

On our way back to DC we stopped in West Virginia to see Harper's Ferry. We were there for 45 minutes, there isn't 45 minutes of stuff to do. It is really pretty, and the road to the ranger station runs along the river. That makes it problematic for some of the people that tube down the river. Let me explain, as I was admiring the beauty of the river some 50 feet above, and guy, trying to be polite and proper tried to seclude himself along the bank to take care of business. In his search for privacy he forgot that cars were driving above him, and therefore flashed us. Oops.

Below are some pictures of Harper's Ferry


So that was this weekend. Kerri attend the wedding of her friend today so she will be back tomorrow.

This next week will be a lot of fun. Hopefully we will get to go to the Congressional Baseball game on Thursday. I still don't know if it breaks ethics rules, so I have to wait. Friday night Kerri and I are going to Capitol Step. According their webpage they are a group started by Senate staffers some years ago that would disappear for hours at a time without anyone knowing (having worked on the hill, it is very easy to do. People just assume you are in a meeting) to satire their employers. For a taste of what we will get listen to the following clips:
Hillary Survive
Guantanamo
Huckabee
and Buy Buy American Pie

Or just watch this clip


Then on Saturday we are going to the International Spy Museum and our one hour Spy experience. We are excited.

Well, I just found out I am not only teaching primary tomorrow, but I also have to teach Elders Quorum So I better go.

No comments: