Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I feel the need to blog

This past week has been awesome. Of course nothing much of consequence happened last Thursday, just work and writing a paper (hence the tribute to ABBA below). Friday night we went to Capitol Steps. It is a musical group that makes fun of the government. While their Kerri got hit on by Bill Clinton (I'll let her explain later).

Saturday Morning we went to the Spy Museum and went on a 1 hour spy experience adventure, where we spent our time listening in on conversations, dodging surveillance, steeling files and images, and 5 minutes before our time was up, they had technical difficulties, so we have no idea if we were on the right track to getting what we wanted. Never fear, because we got pulled out of the adventure we got comp tickets for this weekend, plus our money back. After we went through the museum, where I pretty sure we were watched, because we spied on others. It is really cool, and everyone needs to go when they are in DC. Rob and Chelsea must also do the spy experience so save up your pennies!

Sunday was a lazy day.

Monday wasn't very eventful either. We watch Wild Hogs. Really stupid, but funny. Oh, I forgot, Monday there was a suicide attempt type thing at work. Let me explain. At 5:30ish we all got an email from US Capitol Police stating that a man had climbed over the rail on the 7th floor of our office building and was threatening to jump to the bottom of the atrium, so we were told not to go to the atrium. So, what does everyone do? We all go to the atrium to see. Sure enough there was a man on the ledge ready to jump. The atrium was closed and cops were everywhere. My supervisor came back from a meeting at 6 and told us all to leave, and to get out because it was so unnerving, but to get out of the building, I usually walk to the atrium. Never fear, I walked around it instead. Outside the office were 2 ambulances (one for the guy, and one for whoever he fell on is my guess) but they never had to be used. At 2:30ish in the morning the police were finally able to talk the guy off the ledge and he was put into custody.

Yesterday and today were uneventful for me. Tomorrow is Pioneer Day, so even though we have to work, we are having a huge celebration with Utah fare for lunch. I'll let you know how creative the staff gets with jell-o. Well, that's it for now.

No comments: