So Obama has some soundbites today about the need for change. But what is it? The market experienced the largest single point drop in American history today and no one has a plan! Every once in a while in a campaign there is an opportunity to show why you are qualified. Neither candidate has shown why they are qualified. McCain tried to show leadership by inserting himself into negotiations. It was a campaign move, Obama called it correctly, but he did try to persuade 2/3 of his party to vote for the package. Obama sat on the sidelines. What I don't understand is why the campaigns didn't anticipate a need to present their own plans. Even if the package had passed, now is the time to outline how you would try to fix it.
I don't believe that either person is capable of the leadership they claim to be able to deliver. In fact I am jaded. Pelosi failed to lead her majority to vote in favor, Boehner failed to get his party on board and it was a republican proposal! That's bad. To exacerbate the problem Congress has gone home.
The Senate won't act first. They hardly ever do. So now we are waiting. We have no leaders. Our presidential candidates are looking less impressive. Maybe I won't vote this year.
I just want to see a glimmer of hope. I'll vote for Obama if I see that he can lead. Right now he is showing me that he is a junior senator from Illinois. 3 years in the big leagues isn't enough. Change I can believe in? I can't believe it yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment