So as you can tell from the title, I love teaching. So for those of you who don’t know, I was offered a full time one year lecturer position at a local college here in Utah and I am loving it! A lot of you remember me last year as computer programmer by day and adjunct professor by night. Well, now I get to enjoy my entire day working and get paid twice as much to do it. I love it. Plus, if Chase and I move next summer, I don’t have to quit another job because they only hired me for one year. It really was quite perfect and literally fell into our laps at the last second.
So back to why I love teaching. Yesterday, I taught my calculus class and I had a blast. My students ask so many questions and they are such hard workers. I stayed for an extra twenty minutes after class just answering some of my students’ questions and I really enjoyed it. These students actually care about learning the material and genuinely want to understand what is going on in class unlike my summer class that wanted to sleep through everything. I love watching the dawn of understanding come across peoples’ faces and I feel that happens every day in my classes. I enjoy playing a part in their learning process.
Today made me really smile because one of the cute girls in my college algebra classes brought flowers to my office. How sweet is that? She just wanted to thank me for everything that I have been doing for her and what a great teacher I am. See, this doesn’t happen every day but I get such a swelled head with compliments like that. It’s great!
In quick other news, I am back on the Weight Watchers band wagon and doing much better than I was over the summer. Right now, we’re actually doing a service campaign where for every pound of weight we lose, Weight Watchers will donate a pound of food to the food bank. I’ve actually found that to be really inspirational. So that’s my little piece for the day. Now I am going to go eat some pie. Did I just say that…
1 comment:
That last statement was a case of inside words slipping out. But good for you.
Post a Comment