Friday, January 9, 2009

Routines

The first week of each new semester is difficult for me because I have a difficult time getting into a routine. My life is better with a routine. I am more productive, I am happier, and hopefully I am more balanced.

My entire life I have had a routine, mainly because I have been in school which automatically gives it structure, or I have worked. Even when I took 2 years off for a mission I had a routine, and those two years were definitely the most structured two years of my life. So after 25 years of having a routine, I have suddenly found myself without a routine.

Thanks to independent study, I don't have a class schedule, I also don't have a job yet, so I find myself sleeping in way too long, not getting ready for the day quickly, and turning on the TV for the majority of the day. Basically I have become a couch potato. So, this weekend I resolve to create a tine so that I can have a balanced life that includes yoga, spiritual stuff, school stuff, exercise, and fun stuff. Is there anything else I need to be balanced?

2 comments:

rob said...

My only suggestion would be to put finding a job in there. I know that when this same thing happened to me right after graduation, I spent a few hours a day looking for a job and when I finally got one, it helped with the whole drifting around feeling.

Anonymous said...

It's tough to get into a routine when things aren't so structured in your life. I would agree with Rob about trying to find a job - or maybe getting a missionary planner that you can plan out your whole day :)