Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hello New Semester

Well, tomorrow marks the beginning of the new semester for both of us. I guess technically the semester began on Friday for Kerri because she is teaching a refresher course before normal classes begin tomorrow, and technically BYU started yesterday but I am taking an independent study class and my textbook didn't arrive until today. So tomorrow life returns to normal. Kerri teaches at 9am and I'll wake up and start my course.

We had a great semester break. Although we were unable to go to Baltimore like we hoped, we had a nice holiday with my side of the family. We enjoyed Christmas morning all to ourselves in our apartment, and Christmas dinner at my parents home. The day after Christmas we drove to San Diego to visit Kerri's friend. We spent 3 days enjoying great weather walking on the beach and enjoying a break from life. For Christmas we bought a Wii along with the Wii fit and have embarked on our last attempt to loose weight. I say our last because this time we will not fail. Thanks to the Wii fit and our gym memberships we are going win this time.

I digress. The remainder of the break has been spent enjoying the Wii, sleeping in without hearing our next door neighbors, and trying not to slip on the 8" of ice outside our apartment door. Today we went to SLC to the Bodyworlds exhibit at The Leonardo. It was so cool. I was a little bit disgusted when I saw the cross section of a 300 pound man and how much fat 300 pounds actually is. We were in the middle of a bunch of school groups which was a bit frustrating because they didn't remember that everything we saw was real. The plastinates are real people. There is a reason I wasn't allowed to go to the cadaver lab until I was 16. People at the exhibit didn't show proper respect for the bodies that were donated. Even though 12 year olds are obnoxious, I found the exhibit to be great. It is open until Jan 11 and I recommend it to everyone.

Well, I've run out of things to say so I'm signing off. I think I might do some yoga.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you two on the beach. It's so great! Glad you had a good time in San Diego - good luck to both of you for this new semester :)