Monday, December 1, 2008

The final countdown

9 Days! that's all I have left of real school. Although I think those 9 days are going to be packed. Last week as a lot of fun and really tiring. I am finishing up my capstone paper, which has required me to compile data in excel and then run regressions. No big deal right? It shouldn't have been. But after spending 13 hours on Tuesday trying to get it work, and another 5 on Wednesday I said enough. I was able to to get everything straightened out but was so tired of working on my data that I put it away for the rest of Thanksgiving break. That means that this afternoon I will be running regressions and writing a paper on my findings. I think I can do it.

I am nervous about my findings paper though because my original plan to run a times series regression isn't going to work. There is something wrong with my data and I can't figure it out. So I averaged the data for the 10 year period so I can run a simple OLS regression. I don't think this is going to be a huge problem because when I told my professor I didn't want to run a time series regression if I didn't have to, he recommended the averaging method. But as a result my findings will not be as robust as they should be. But that's ok. The important thing is getting a 5-7 page paper written, and a presentation prepared by tomorrow at 3. Piece of cake.

After this paper my semester is basically over. I have 1 or two more econ assignments, and my stupid 341 readings, but really all that needs to be done is piecing together 3 papers into 1 big paper and expanding it a bit. And then, I'll be done with class.

Thanksgiving was fun. We ate food, played games, slept, put up the Christmas tree, drank egg nog (yuck! I only do it to make my wife happy). watched movies, forgot about homework, and saw Madagascar 2 (She loves me, she loves my thighs). If I remember, pictures will be forthcoming.