Well its the end of the semester for both of us. Kerri's last day of teaching was yesterday, and she gives her last final at the same time I take mine. It is so nice to be done. Yesterday was technically the last day of class, but I decided to take an extra reading day to work on my capstone paper.
I've spent the semester trying to determine the way that wealth influences human rights protections. There are a lot of different ideas floating around out there and I tried to pinpoint it. It turns out that the theory I thought was correct holds up in my quanititative analysis but not my qualitative. What gives? That's research for ya. Thankfully we have spent the semester writing the paper in 3 parts. So after extensive revising this week of all three parts, I was able to stitch them together, clarify my thesis and call it good. Kerri and I think I spent over 100 hours over the course of the semester working on it. In the past week I have spent 26 hours. I know, its overkill. I keep telling myself that out of the 15 people in my class I have probably spent the longest amount of time on it. I think it is time to call it good.
So today and tomorrow are also reading days (although BYU shouldn't count saturday as a reading day. I hope to get my take home final for my European Politics class out of the way. I am pretty sure I can get half of it done this weekend, and the rest done by noon on Monday. After that I'll be studying like a mad man for me econ 459 final, and I'll brush up on my biology. Both Biology and Econ have their finals scheduled for Wednesday, and lucky for me they are back to back.
So it looks like I am on track to have everything turned in by Wednesday like I hoped. This is my last real semester of college and I am so glad its done. Next semester I'll take my history 202 class independent study and should be done by the end of Feb. I can't wait to graduate.
1 comment:
Good luck! Being done with school is a good feeling and you're almost there!!
And the new Miracle on 34th St because the little girl is so much better, although I like the mail being delivered to the court room in the old one better than the dollar bill approach. Both have good points to them :)
Post a Comment