Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Really? That's it?

Today was a new experience in the life of Kerri. I had my first cavity filled. Actually, I had 4 cavities filled to be followed by two more next week. Chase has been reassuring me all week that I would be fine but I was still nervous before I went in to have it done. All I could think about was the giant needle and how much it hurt when I was little. I was bracing myself for the pain and I was not excited. My dentist, it turns out, is really good with the needle. I felt almost nothing and what I did feel wasn't painful. I just kept my eyes closed and took deep breaths and it turned out okay. The rest of the procedure was a piece of cake. Apparently, people are disturbed by the sound of the drill. It reminded me of a dolphin's high pitched squeak. I'm not sure if it was a good or bad thing to associate the two but it was a pleasant image. So now I'm not scared for next week and the left half of my face is completely numb but it turned out to not be that big a deal. I love it when that happens.

No comments: