So I turned on my radio on my way to school this morning, and the first thing I heard was this song "Jesus is a friend of mine" It made me laugh so hard, I missed the parking lot turn-off and had to make a u-turn. It might be borderline sacrilegious, but it also as a good message. Towards the end the message gets a bit convoluted. If anyone can tell me what this line means, please let me know : "He is like a Mounty, and always gets his man" Enjoy!
Here is another one I found. It is like Christian Rock meets Disney/Aqua Its called "Jesus is my superhero" Not as funny as the first.
Ok, now I need to start reading and analyzing senate hearing documents
2 comments:
Oh, my goodness. I'm still listening to the first one and having trouble think about the novel I'm supposed to be writing. You should check out She Left Me for Jesus by Hayes Carll. If you haven't heard that one yet, Chase, you definitely need to. It makes me laugh.
Yikes. Also, thank you Bible Belt for making this possible. And I think you've found your entry for the Thanksgiving non-talent show. And the Mounty line is way, way worse if you listen to the line before it: "he touched me deep inside." And "zap"? Yikes. So funny, and yet disturbing. It's kind of like if Heath Ledger's Joker found Jesus.
Post a Comment