Those of you who have seen my phone, you know it says "Just keep swimming" on it. That is my reminder to do as Dory did when things get rough (and I do speak whale, although I can only speak to French whales, I am not fluent in English whale yet). So that is what I did this week. I kept swimming. I pulled of a 6 page paper in 20 hours, not the best product I've done, but I honestly think it was the best I could do. I just got a 95% on my biology midterm, and I stayed on top of all my reading. Why? Because I kept on swimming. Well now I have another song to go with my phone.
I believe everyone should have a theme song, and that it should play behind you when ever you enter a room (I think life would be funnier that way). I don't have a theme song yet, nor do I think this song should be it, but it is a good reminder. It is one of Jacks Mannequin's new songs, and not only does it remind me of how I felt this week, but it will be a good reminder next week as I try to write my 7 page theory paper for my capstone. It's called Swim (and one day I am working this into a talk at church, as well as the Borne trilogy).
2 comments:
I love that song! Thanks for introducing me to it. Also, just keep swimming goes well with my favorite reality check: are you drowning or are you just wet? Swimming is the only way to get out of the lake to get dry. I'm proud of you for swimming. A 6-page paper and a 95%. Way to go!!
I've got a theme song, but I don't think it's got quite what I was looking for in a theme song. I think that having a theme song is a good idea, but you'd have to assign people the kind of theme song you want that would only play in your head, otherwise it would be unusual to hear music for them that completely doesn't fit your perception of them. Because that would be less-than-helpful
Post a Comment