Saturday, October 25, 2008

Midterms and Halloween

It's that time of year again. Midterms. This week was pretty light. I only had 1 midterm, but it took 12 hours of studying for, done over a day and half. That lovely test was my econ 459. I think I actually did pretty good at it. It only tool 1 hour and 45 minutes to take and the best part is that its over. I guess I could fret about the test. I don't think I did better than an 80% but there is no use. The test itself is a sunk cost. I'll never get the time back, so there is no use in worrying. Besides, at BYU if you get a 60% on a test you can probably bet on getting a B.

This next week is a little bit more hectic. 2 presentations and 2 papers are due. I haven't really started any yet. I have a 3 minute presentation in 341 on the British Conservative Party's reaction to the economic crisis. a 5 page bio 100 paper compete with 10 sources due on Friday (at least I have gathered most of the sources ) and a research design paper and presentation for my capstone. My biggest stress right now is that for my research design, I am actually going to have to spend a few hours just thinking and being creative. I don't do that well. I have a short attention span. Just ask Kerri. She is lucky if I make it through the sacrament portion of the sacrament meeting before I whisper "I'm bored".

So today is Saturday and the game plan is to spend a couple hours working on my presentation, and a couple hours on my bio paper. Tomorrow I'll spend a couple hours thinking about human rights (a rather appropriate sunday topic don't you think?) and then on Monday it will be anyone's guess.

This brings me to Halloween. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. We have decorated the apartment, bought giant pumpkins to carve, and if I am lucky, I'll have a costume. This year we are lucky because the holiday is on a Friday, which means I have nothing due the next day, so unlike in year's past where I have had to skip halloween becuase stuff was due the next day, I am actually enjoy it. That is if I am awake long enough.

No comments: