Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance

I actually don't like that song very much. It gets really old. Why can't we walk to something like Eleanor Rigby or anything from Jethro Tull. I think that I can safely say that listening to 15 minutes of the Beatles or Jethro Tull would be a lot more enjoyable. Especially at BYU when it takes a good 20 minutes for the graduates to finish walking. I know that no matter what, in April I'll be walking to Pomp and Circumstance. But maybe I'll wear my iPod and at walk to my personal favorite, ABBA. Heck, I've paid my dues why not put the whole ceremony to ABBA. I could walk to Dancing Queen, when I get feklempt (help please on the spelling) I could listen to Chiquitita, When the speaker talks about the long hard journey (it was really hard) I could listen to I have a dream, and when it is over I could listen to Fernando. That's my kind of graduation. Although, I don't think my parents would approve.

Enough of this rambling. The point is I am graduating. I put in my application. Everything is approved, I just need to finish out the semester + 1 class.

In other news, I am over my cold for the most part. I emailed my 341 teacher for help in the class (that is the class that I got a C+ in) I should be meeting with him tomorrow. I like putting forth the effort. I believe in the law of mercy, and most teachers are kinder at the end of the semester if you have gone to them for help. At least they know I'm trying right? But, in the end, if I only eek out a C in that class. C'est la vie.

Today is dentist day and catch up. The pressure let up this week so I have a lot of time to play catch up on my research and maybe get a little bit ahead. I just hope the dentist goes well.

No comments: