Sunday, May 4, 2008

What does an intern do on the weekends?

So the week ended well. I was really happy that I didn't have to go into work on Friday. Instead I had to go to my 3 hour seminar. The first 90 minutes were great. It was all about how to communicate effectively and get your message across. The last half of the class was boring.

Friday afternoon Kerri and I went to the National Zoo. It was a lot of fun, it was hot, we drank a lot of water, and we got 21,000 steps in by the end of the day. We found out that Dupont Circle is really close to our apartment, so after resting our feet for a bit at the circle, we walked home and then strolled around Georgetown in the evening.

Saturday was really fun. I read in the Washington Post that the EU was having an open house and all the member country's embassies would be open for tours. Saturday morning Kerri and I set off and toured the embassies of Great Britain, Romania, Ireland, Greece, Luxembourg, and Italy, and saw the outside of the German and French embassies. Luxemburg's embassy was the prettiest, and Greece served the best food. That afternoon we ate dinner at a small French cafe that had really good food and reasonable prices, and the chocolate mousse dessert was the richest, thickest mousse I have ever had. Kerri says it is divine and heavenly. After dinner, to continue the celebration of our 1 year anniversary we went to the Kennedy Center to a play called Shear Madness. It was the funniest play I have ever seen, and we both thought it was well worth the money. If anyone is traveling to either DC or Boston, we both recommend seeing the play. Not only will you be laughing for 2 hours straight, but the Kennedy Center is gorgeous.

Today is our 1 year anniversary, and we went to church where I got called as an Elders Quorum teacher, and then we spent our afternoon people watching on the mall. This next weekend we are going to Philadelphia so more pictures will be coming soon.

No comments: