Why do I love being an intern? I don't really know. The pay is awful, but at least I get paid. The tasks I do are mundane, but at least I can read what I am copying and learn a few things. You are the lowest on the totem pole, but at least I am on the totem pole right? The bottom line is, the work is fun.
Today was nothing to special. I gave a tour of the capitol to a family in the morning. Went with the staffer I am assigned to to constituent meetings, filed, copied, worked on the briefing book, and spent most of my day researching S. 2764 and how it might affect disabled veterans, it doesn't, but I learned some cool things. On top of all of that, it was the last day I have to come in early to do the morning mail.
Morning mail has been my job today while the normal person who does it is in Utah. I have only done 1 thing wrong, unfortunately I realized it this afternoon. All the Utah constituent mail was put in the wrong in box, but it was only 20 letters, and I am sure the full time staffers that got that mail recognized it wasn't supposed to go to them and it won't be a big deal.
Could I do this job for the rest of my life? well, not be an intern, but I could see myself in this job, except for one problem, everyone is addicted to their blackberrys.
1 comment:
there's a reason they're called crackberries. Of course, I can't talk because I got iHeroin.
Post a Comment