Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Loving Your Neighbor

So it's Tuesday here but I wanted to share a story from Sunday with everyone. So I'm sitting in Relief Society on Sunday and we're talking about gifts of the Spirit. We were discussing about how not everyone has the same gifts. This sister in the second row raises her hand and has this discussion with the teacher:

  • Sister: "We don't have to have every gift, do we?"
  • Teacher: "That's right. Each person is different."
  • Sister: "So I don't have to have the gift of loving my neighbor then. Somebody else can have that gift instead."
  • Teacher: "You don't love your neighbor? You just mean that you love everyone so that you don't need to get the gift of loving your neighbor because you already do."
  • Sister: "No, I don't love my neighbors. I down right hate some of them!"

Best lesson on gifts of the Spirit ever. This ward really does have the most interesting people I ever met and that includes all the people I knew in my branch growing up! So that was my Sunday story.

As for the other two days since then, life has been pretty good. We went to a Cinco de Mayo party last night with all the other married couples at the senior missionary couples' apartment. It was fun and nice not to have to cook anything. Today I had a job interview and got asked back for part 2 which is always a good sign and I spent a lovely afternoon studying for my actuarial exam. Now I know that doesn't sound great but when you add the fact that I was studying in the park near the Capital and national mall it does. I love this city!

No comments: