Monday, January 18, 2010

The New Year



Welcome to 2010 everyone! A lot has happened since I last posted on our blog as my friends have reminded me (that would be you, Ami). We had a lot of fun times over the holidays. We flew out to visit my family and were there for the blizzard. Chase and I never expected to see more snow in Maryland than in Utah in December. Before we got snowed in, we did get to see the Washington DC Temple all lit up for Christmas and the Inner Harbor. Fortunately, the snow didn't prevent us from seeing Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Vaughn as well. I was so happy to see the whole family.

We were in Salt Lake City for New Year's and it was a blast. They had this three day party called Eve so we bought tickets and spent the night in one of the hotels up there. We saw Charlie Chaplin films, temple square, a comedy show, snowboarders and of course, fireworks to ring in the New Year.

Now after New Year's, I did something unexpected which was quitting my teaching jobs. So by choice, I was unemployed and searching for jobs. Most people would think I was totally crazy for doing it but I am so glad that I did. Long story short, tomorrow I am starting a new full time job. I applied two weeks ago, got called for an interview at the end of the week, had my first interview last Monday, a second interview on Thursday, was offered the job on the spot and accepted it on Friday. Pretty quick if you ask me. So I am now going to be an Account Manager at Property Solutions. I am pretty excited about it. So here's to a brand new year!

4 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

Congrats! That's awesome! I don't think you're too far away from me so lets do lunch to celebrate! :)

kimi + joe said...

Happy New Year! It was so wonderful catching up with you and Chase over lunch during the break. You certainly didn't hint at a career change -- but I am happy for you and wish you all the best!

The Brok Sorensen Family said...

Hey! I haven't been blogging in forever and it was fun to read about what you guys are up to. It was good seeing you at the Christmas party!

Tracy said...

Hi Kerri! I found you through Kim's blog, she seems to have done a good job staying in touch with so many friends from those freshmen days! I hope you don't mind if I keep in touch with you now via the blogging world! It makes my day to find "old" friends!

I hope you are doing well!