Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fun with Finals

So it's that time of year where I get to watch my students take their last exam and leave my class forever. I just finished grading all my calculus exams and now that I'm done, I thought I'd share with you my favorite quotes from finals...

  • "Are you really making us stop taking the test on time?"
  • "Screw you calculus....I love the grader :)"
  • "Let me explain to you why I failed this semester..."
  • "Have mercy!"
  • "The answer is Carbon squared"
  • Picture drawn of a pirate ship sinking into shark infested waters
And now to top it off with a little story. I received an email last week from another professor concerning a student we both had this past semester. She forwarded an email to me that this student sent to her. The letter explained how the student had really enjoyed the class but that he didn't do as well this semester because of his recent engagement to a girl in Salt Lake. He then proceeded to say how he knew that the professor would understand that marriage was much more important than school or work and that he needed good grades for graduate school. Is there any way he could get marriage extra credit in the class? The professor then asked me if I had received a similar email and in fact, I received the exact email with wedding announcement attached. Hmmm....I don't think he was planning on us teachers talking.

3 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Congrats on being DONE! What a relief, I'm sure. I'm sure excited to see you in a couple days and hearing more about your adventures with students etc.

Nolan and Erica said...

LAZY

Nolan and Erica said...

I mean the marrige extra credit guy is lazy!