Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break 2009 and stuff

This past week Kerri and I were able to get out of Provo for a few days and visit Bear Lake. Bear Lake is one of my favorite places in Utah. However, before peak season, there is absolutely nothing to do. We knew that would be the case so we planned accordingly. We brought plenty of movies, games and the wii to entertain us. We also decided to explore the historical markers between Garden City UT and Montpelier ID. And most importantly, I got to visit USU (which to me will always be infinitely better than BYU, and has the funnest memories of my college years) and get a gallon of Aggie Ice Cream. On a side note, apparently last year the Salt Lake Tribune did a taste test to see if Aggie ice cream really was better than Cougar ice cream, and it was an overwhelming yes. Of course those of us that have tasted the superior ice cream could have told you than anyway.

Any way, I'm digressing. After a short stay at Bear Lake, we decided to go to the Golden Spike Historical site. It was actually kind of interesting. Promontory Point is way out in the middle of nowhere but that is where the the Transcontinental Railroad met. They have a nice visitors center with exhibits, and movies, and a marker where the golden spike was (it has since been removed). There is also a driving tour where you can see various places of importance.

So that was spring break. I am going to start ranting now, so if you want to stop reading go ahead. Since I am graduating in April and not going to graduate school immediately, I am applying for jobs. So far not so good. I applied for a job the beginning of last week and the night before we left on vacation I got an email from the employer asking me to submit answers to 5 questions. Well I wanted to put thought into my answers, so instead of writing them at 1 in the morning, I decided to think about the questions and write back after I got home from Bear Lake. When I got home I found an email from the employer that said "We now have a sufficient amount of applicants that we will no longer be pursuing yours." I was so mad. This cam after I was told by another employer that I was not the right fit for their organization even though we had never met face to face.

So I am still job hunting. Any leads would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Chase, I knew that you would always be True Blue - Aggie Blue! And you are right - their ice cream really can't be beat.
Hang in there with the job hunt. Exactly what type of job are you looking into? Things sure are bleak these days...if it makes you feel any better, a large portion of Blake's law class do not have jobs either. It is insane right now.