So there are a few things about BYU students that bug me. One is letter to the editors. The following letter is about NCMO. The problem I have is that NCMO big 8 years ago when I was a junior in High School?? You remember don't you? There was a website, there were warnings on the local news and the then the creators of the website sold it to UVU students. You remember don't you? It was the same time that Provo Fight Club was big too. Second, I can't tell if this guy is serious, or being sarcastic. Lets just say some BYU students (not all) are a bit self righteious. For a funnier post, see the video below.
No more NCMO
"What is the highest degree of happiness that can be reached? Surely we can expect among the highest of these to be found in the bonds of marriage. A part of this joyous union comes from the intimacy that is shared. Such intimacy can only come from commitment and loyalty. NCMO (non-committal make out) destroys this commitment and loyalty that we are striving for. It is a childish habit that must stop.
'Not only NCMO but lust in a relationship is just as bad. Even though there is that commitment to one another, it is not love, which love is commanded of us to give to one another. John 13:34, “Love one another; as I have loved you.” NCMO/lust go against this commandment. For NCMO is lust, or a fear, a fear of commitment, which fear and love can not exist in the same place. 1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.”
'For those who have been in these situations, there is forgiveness, repentance, and change. For those who find themselves faced with the difficult question of whether or not to allow this boy/girl to kiss me or make out with me think of this; Alma 38:12, “Bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love.” By bridling our passions, we are filled with love, which is commanded of God, which then casteth out fear and makes room for that intimate relationship to blossom and grow into marriage.
'Now is the time to prepare, for what you do in relationships now will only be multiplied in marriage. There is room for change and the best time for that is before you get married. Practice now to be the husband or wife you would like to be, so that when the time comes, your most excellent qualities become multiplied."
William Taylor
Provo
5 comments:
Looks like Mr. Taylor wants some and just can't get any. As for his "what you do before marriage gets multiplied in marriage" statement--I loved NCMO in my early college years and my marriage is GREAT. Neener neener, Mr. Can't Seal the Deal.
Was that mean?
I totally agree with Chelsea! Not that I did the whole NCMO thing but I would want my spouse to think I was a fabulous kisser so why not practice?
I agree with the posts before. Just because he's hurting for the action. NCMO-ing in itself is not a sin. Sounds like someone needs to do some repenting for himself. Chelsea I'm sure the making out has multiplied in marriage (two times if I remember correctly). :D Sounds like the best kind of multiplying there is . . .
William Taylor
Provo
Does that mean he's from Provo because if so, I went to high school with him! Not only that but he was on the XC and Track team with me and I can see him saying that. Hahahahaha!!
Post a Comment