So I am not going to the lie, this trip to the White House was not as cool as the last one. It was great that our office was able to get Kerri and me on a tour because with the new security precautions it is near impossible, even if it was 7:30 AM on a Saturday.
The tour was self guided, which would have been nice, but there was no one in the room to ask questions to, so we basically looked at all the pretty furniture and left. After the tour, we went to the visitor's center and watched a 30 minute film, that was almost better than tour itself because they actually pointed out cool facts about the different rooms.
Since we were already out and about, we went to eat breakfast at Old Ebbitts Grill. Apparently it was a very popular saloon in the 19th century. It was very nice, and their signature breakfast dish is eggs Chesapeake, which from what I gathered was like eggs benedict, except instead of bacon, they use crab cake. 9 AM is a bit early for me to eat a crab cake, so I opted for strawberry french toast, and it was amazing.
Yesterday we also went to Eastern Market. It is a big farmers market that is held every Saturday, it puts Provo's to shame. We got some really good peaches, strawberries, and green beans for cheap, and then we went to the meat section and their meat is way cheaper than in the store, so we are going back to buy some next week. While in the meat building it started to rain cats and dogs. We were under a tornado watch, so I knew severe weather would be moving through, it was just 2 hours a head of schedule. We didn't have our umbrellas so we stayed inside for a good 20 minutes before the rain let up enough to get back on the metro.
Last night we went to the movies. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie. It was fun. We liked it. That's all I will say in case you have yet to see it.
So that is about it since I last wrote. In the spirit of competitiveness between me and Lauren, I must clarify that the copy of the Magna Carta we saw at the National Archives is one of the originals that dates back to the 13th century.
Stay tuned, we're not sure what this week will bring but it will probably be fun. We are going to Old Town Alexandria on Friday, and who knows what we will do the rest of the week.
1 comment:
Okay fine. But to keep this up, the Magna Carta, as I'm sure you know, isn't just one piece of documentation like our Declaration of Independence. So I bet I saw more copies of the Magna Carta than you did since I can remember at least 3 pieces of it. But then again, you got to go into our President's house. The closest thing I got to the Queen's Palace (home or work) or Number 10 Downing was on the other side of the gates.
Post a Comment