
Kerri decided to go to the marriage prep class tonight while I did my reading for this weeks class, but now I am done, so I thought I would write a bit. I still have a paper to write that is due on Friday, but procrastination is what I am good at.
This weekend was a blast. I am still very tired from all the running around but it was worth it. We took MARC up to Baltimore on Friday night where Kerri's parents picked us up and we drove to Camden Yards for the Orioles vs. Pirates. It was a lot of fun. The park is really nice and we had perfect weather and perfect seats. I can't wait until next week when I can compare Camden Yards to the Nationals' stadium. What's even better is the the O's made a comeback and won. The picture up top is the few from our seats.
Saturday we went to HonFest. It was really weird. Think of Hairspray and then times it by 100. 7 year olds were walking around in beehives! We braved the 90 degree heat with no shade while sitting on black chairs on black asphalt just to witness the Hon pageant. And yes number 37 is Robert, or Roberta, whichever one you prefer.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We went to church and then to Bonnie and Vaughn's for a BBQ. The food was great, and so was the weather. It was nice to be able to spend some time sitting on the grass.
This week has been a slow week. Last week the democrats failed to get cloture on their medicare bill, and today the republican's introduced theirs. Something has to be passed by the recess in a week and a half or else funding will be cut. My supervisor has been keeping the schedule pretty free in case meetings come up. Which means I don't have a lot to do.
Before I go, congrats to Chelsea and Rob. Both Kerri and I wish we could see Max in person, but we'll have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment