Okay, so as of today, I am 38 weeks and 3 days along. That's right, there are less than 10 days till my due date so I wanted to blog one more time before the big day arrived because, let's face it, that could be any day. According to a lot of people, I seemed to have "popped" in the last week or two. I've learned that a lot of the older women at work love to watch me walk down the hall. One woman said that every time she sees me waddle along, she thinks "Oh you're almost there! You can make it!" and she remembers those last few days of her pregnancy.
One thing that has definitely increased is my number of trips to the bathroom. For those of you how have known me for years, you can only imagine how many times I am waddling my way there every day! And if you have ever seen the movie "Where the Heart Is", I fully understand why she makes those sounds in the Walmart bathroom at the beginning of the movie.
Other than pregnancy, Halloween was very uneventful this year. We had all of our normal decorations up but between my bulging belly and the fact that Halloween was on a Sunday (seems totally wrong when that happens), we didn't get to do much besides have donuts and watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Of course, next year, we get to go trick or treating and eat someone else's candy.
So at this point in the game, everything seems to be going well. I am packed for the hospital, we have car seats installed in both cars, Chase finished writing all his papers this past weekend and the baby's room is about as put together as it will ever be. Chase is hoping the baby doesn't come on election day so we are still keeping our fingers crossed and now we wait for my water to break or contractions to really kick in.
Speaking of which, yesterday at church, a woman told us a great story. Her sister-in-law was grocery shopping when her water broke and she was embarrassed by the mess. She looked around and saw a big jar of pickles. So she picked up the jar, smashed it on the ground and told the store cleanup on aisle five. I'm thinking maybe I should start carrying around a jar of pickles....
No comments:
Post a Comment