So Chase convinced me that I should start posting more baby updates since this blog is like a record of everything that is going on in the pregnancy. Today I am 26 weeks pregnant and this week will wind down my second trimester. The most recent excitement is feeling the baby kick. I've been feeling it for more than a month now. It feels a lot like there are butterflies in my stomach and sometimes like there are ten babies in there doing acrobatics! A few weeks ago, I started noticing in the shower that I could feel the general area the baby was. I could look down at my belly and notice that it sloped to one side. Then if you felt one side, it would be hard and round while the other side of my belly was squishy and flat. I really enjoy feeling where she is sitting and find it kind of fun to get her to try and move. About two days ago, as I was lying in bed, for the first time, I felt that hard spot above my belly button. My womb has in fact taken over my whole torso. I have idea where other things have moved to but for certain I know that our baby girl has the rule of the roost.
Now just because I don't know where my stomach is located anymore, doesn't mean that I don't want to eat all the time. I haven't had too many weird cravings. I think the cruelest I've had so far is the need for Maryland blue crab in all its forms. This is cruel for two reasons: I can't get Maryland crab out here and if I could, I am limited to the amount of seafood I can eat in one week. But if I could, I would be eating it every day. The other huge craving I have had is fruit. Poor Chase has seen a lot of fruit in our fridge lately. So today for lunch I filled my fruit fantasy by having a fruit smoothie and apples with peanut butter and craisins on top. I thought I would share my smoothie recipe on here because it was so delicious. Enjoy!
Fruit Smoothie
1 c frozen fruit (I used a mix of strawberries, mango and pineapple)
1/2 c yogurt (I used strawberry)
1/2 c milk
1 tsp honey
Blend until smooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment