Now some of you might also be wondering what exactly I look like these days. The picture below is from July 4th when I was 21 weeks.


Still not looking pregnant really. We'll take another picture here is a few weeks but I'm 25 weeks along and still looking about the same. Chelsea threw me a baby shower right before we left Utah and that was lots of fun. We had everyone guess just how big I will get and we'll have to wait till November to see who gets the prize! Everything is going well with pregnancy though. No weird cravings or sickness. The most I have to deal with is a baby who kicks a lot. She also likes her room and won't let me slouch much anymore. Chase has encouraged her to keep making me stand up straight.
So we've been in AZ now for about three weeks and before I was even here a week, the Relief Society at church learned that I can play the piano. So my second Sunday in our ward, I was asked to stand in for the regular pianist. Not a problem since I love paying the piano. Now here is the interesting thing about our ward. The RS chorister is in fact deaf. She has hearing aids so she can hear a little bit but not much. She is also a very ambitious chorister. She is going through all the hymns in the hymnal and right now we are currently in the songs that are written for men's choruses. So for this hymn, she decides we will sing the first verse with the piano, the second verse a cappella and the third verse in a round (as suggested at the bottom of the hymn). First of all, we have never heard of this song in our lives. Chase has never heard of this song and he has a much better chance of having sung it since he is a man. Secondly, a capella is sketchy even if everyone know the hymn. But in a round? You have to be kidding me!
So we get through the first verse pretty good. I stop playing and the second verse goes horribly awry. I have never heard so many different pitches in my life but none of them were correct. Then comes the round. One side of the room starts off still singing horribly off music and the second side doesn't even bother coming in. The chorister is singing all by herself when the first side of the room finishes. Determined to make this work, the chorister has us sing the third verse with the piano before trying it again. One of the sisters asks if I can play the piano part in a round and I look at them like they are crazy and shake my head no. So off they go in a round again, off key but both sides singing. The chorister then says that was beautiful and sits down. I'm sure it was since she couldn't really hear us.
So that's my story from being down here. Other than that, Chase is getting ready for school and I am still job hunting. I've had a few interviews so hopefully we'll hear back from those soon. Till then, we'll just keep truckin'.
1 comment:
Kerri! You look so cute! Please keep us posted with pictures, especially when she comes! :D. Hope you're enjoying AZ and good luck with the job search!!
Post a Comment