Saturday, October 24, 2009

Celebrations of October

Okay, so I got the message. Everyone wants me to update the blog. As you can see, Chase is much better at this than I am. So here's what you missed in October. The beginning of October brought my 26th birthday and it was the best birthday that I ever had. It all started with Chase surprising me with two dozen roses the night before my birthday. And that was one of his many surprises. He also gave me a scarf which I have been wearing ever since. Thanks to mom and dad, I started off my birthday with a manicure and pedicure (thanks for getting me hooked on that one, Jonnelle!). I then drove up to Salt Lake and spent the rest of the day with Chase. He surprised me with lunch at this restaurant that felt like it belonged in DC. And they gave you fresh fruit and ice cream with every entree. Later, Chase surprised me with a birthday party at his office complete with gourmet cupcakes (thanks Mary!) and lemonade. We spent the rest of the evening shopping courtesy of Mom, Dad, Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Vaughn and we topped off the evening by going to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant, Biaggi's. It was a perfect day and I loved that I got to spend it all with Chase. Very romantic.


Moving on... not a lot happened in the middle of the month. Chase is still working at this internship. He was busy at the beginning of the month setting up all the meetings for his alcohol project. He still loves it up there and is not getting paid for his slave labor which we are pretty excited about. He got back his GRE scores at the beginning of October and has been working on graduate school applications ever since. That has pretty much taken up his evenings after work and we'll be glad when they're all submitted.

The other big event for us was halloween. If you know us, we had our decorations up the day after my brithday. This year we added to our collection with a fake bat hanging from our ceiling and a fake pumpkin that we carved ourselves. The most excited part of the holiday was the amazing pumpkins we carved this year. We had to put pictures up just to brag. It took all night for us to carve them. We celebrated halloween with donuts and pizza and by watching "The Birds" at his parents house while we handed out candy. We didn't take pictures but Chase also decorated his mom's yard for Halloween by hanging skulls from tree branches. It definitely got a few screams that night.




Those were the highlights of October. So I will end with my favorite student story of the month. My students had a test towards the end of September. About two weeks after the test, I get an email from one of my students asking when the first test was. I emailed him back and let him know that the test was two weeks earlier and he would have to take a zero. He emails me back and says, "Do I have to come to class to know when the test is?" Does that sound wrong to anyone else?

1 comment:

kimi + joe said...

oh kerri, you must tell me where you got those cupcakes. I thought I knew every delicious cupcake shop in SLC.