Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're back

After a short hiatus, we are back to the blog. Our week in Baltimore was great. We loved spending time with family and I now have a new favorite snowball flavor, Coca-Cola. Think of a Coke Slurpee without the tingling. Very yummy. So while we spent 10 days with Kerri's family before returning to Utah, only 6 was spent in Maryland. The rest of it was spent in Southern Virginia at "The Property". It was a lot of fun. I learned how to crab, ate great Mexican food at El Miguey's, and amazing seafood at Ray's Shanty and saw wild ponies on Asatigue Island, and I stepped into the Atlantic Ocean. I prefer the Pacific.

After an action packed week, it was time to return home. We were blessed. Originally we were flying back on the same flight, but not sitting together. Our seats were also in the rear of the plane which means loud engine noise. When we got the airport we discovered we didn't have to pay the 100 dollars extra for having more than 1 checked bag (which was good since we already had to pay a fee to return home early because of work) and we got to change our seats so that we were sitting next to each other, but it was an exit row, so I had plenty of leg room. We were also lucky because we got some amazing tail wind so that we landed 30 minutes early, and our bags were in the first 10 that emerged from baggage claim. Think that will ever happen again? I don't.

So this week we have been moving into our new apartment. It is really nice. It is so new that it isn't finished yet! Today our final appliance was installed which means that our kitchen is fully functional. Without a truck we haven't been able to move furniture, but we rented a hand truck and have been able to move all heavy boxes, and most everything out of my parents basement. All that is left are random things, and our furniture. We might start sleeping there tomorrow in sleeping bags, and hopefully on Monday night while my family is still sore from a week of water skiing, we can bond by moving stuff. They don't know that is what I am thinking, but the will when they read this.

I am rambling, and the cookies are done so I'm going to go eat some.

1 comment:

Frances said...

doesn't it feel good to be home.... sometimes... ;)
I need your e-mail address to invite you to our blog! I've invited Kerri but I don't have yours... sorry.....