Sunday, May 6, 2012

An exciting week: Graduation Part II

If you missed part one, you can go find it.

So after the ceremony we went to lunch, and then I had a job interview later in the afternoon.   We took mom to a fashion jewelry store at the mall, and then we went home.  The next day, we had nothing planned, as my college convocation was on Friday.

Thursday morning Kerri took Ella to her doctor's appointment in the morning where Ella checked out just fine.  She is super tall, and average weight.  While Ella was at the doctors, I took mom to a spice store because I had to buy chipotle powder, Mom was amazed at the different spices they had.  It really is an amazing store.  We then wandered around the same mall.  That afternoon we all joined up (dad had finished working) and spent quality time together.  We ordered PF Changs take-out and played games.  I almost won Clue, but dad caught on, and right before I made my accusation, he did, and he won.

Friday was hot.  I my convocation ceremony was not until 5 pm, so we had time to kill.  We showed mom and dad the Tempe Campus, and frankly we showed me too.  I had only stepped onto that campus once, and that was to work out a financial aid issue 2 years ago.  It was nice.  We found the institute building with an extremely unfriendly secretary, and the bookstore.  We got some loot, and wandered around campus, and then we went home.  Our family had family nap time, while mom and dad did their own thing.

Friday night we drove into downtown for convocation.  So that this post isn't as long as that convocation was (I'll explain later) I'm stopping here.







No comments: