Today has been one of those days. My girls are visiting family in Maryland, and I have been alone for a few days. First, I need to say that I now have a new appreciation for everything that Kerri does around the house. I didn't fully realize everything she does in the morning and evenings that make my life run smooth. So, thank you Kerri. I'll do better.
Recently I've been thinking about my time in Tennessee and Kentucky, and how much I miss that part of the country, and how much I want to see some of my friends back there. One of the people that I helped reactivate way back when was finally able to get sealed to her husband a couple of weeks ago. I am so proud of her, and impressed by her determination to stay true to the gospel, even though life has been less than stellar for a few years. I wanted so badly to go to the sealing, but I had just returned from Milwaukee that week, and couldn't make it.
To make matters worse, today at church there were quite a few moments that reminded me of moments I had while teaching investigators, contacting, and working with members, and goofing around with my companions, and other missionaries.. For some reason, my mission isn't far from my mind. I miss it, and it was some of the best 2 years of my life.
That's all.
1 comment:
You'll have those thoughts periodically throughout your life.
Post a Comment