This week I finished the semester. This means that I have 7 out 14 classes out of the way, and 21 out of 42 credits earned. This assumes that I passed all of my classes, and I am 99.9% certain that I did. I get to take it easy for a few weeks, and then I start a short 5 week semester an knock 2 more classes out of the way, so by the 4th of July I will be about 67% percent done with my program (the real number is 64%, but 64% isn't as fun to say a two-thirds done).
This semester was hard in that all of my classes were ones I did not want to take. 2 of the three of them I took as an undergrad. My graduate level econ class was really econ 101 (which I took twice) and my research methods class was really Poli Sci 200. The third class was a reincarnation of a class I took last semester. Same information, just a different teacher, and a different course name. These things made the semester easier, but also made 3 hours of class feel like a waste of time. In fact, one day in my research class we spent 3 hours on how to find a book in a library, and the next week was a class on the 5 paragraph essay. Needless to say I am glad its over.
This week I also got to meet my boss for my new assignment that begins in August. As part of my program, in August I leave my current internship, and begin interning for a local government in the valley. I am really excited about where I am going. It is the smallest government I have ever worked for and driving to city hall reminded me of driving through Spanish Fork, or Heber City. It looks like it will be a great experience. Of course, now that I know what the next step is, the next three months at my current internship will be harder. A lot harder.
In other great news, Kerri got a promotion and a raise. I'm proud of her. She loves her job and is really good at it. She deserved what she got, and the company is really impressed with her analytical skills. I knew she would do great at it, then again, anyone good enough to work at the NSA, will probably rock it anywhere. But I a biased.
Our baby girl is getting bigger and bigger. We are told she is the size of an average 9 month old and she is only 6 months old. She is now sitting up by herself (if you put her in that position) and is eating solid food. She giggles like crazy if you kiss her cheeks repeatedly, and she loves nose diving into spoonfuls of squash. It's gross, but it makes her happy. And happy babies are easier to handle than sad babies.
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you guys! And I can't wait to kiss Miss M repeatedly.
Post a Comment