Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I have the best mentor in the world

Over spring break I got to see one of my mentors.  Well she's more than a mentor, she is a former boss, and a really good friend who I haven't seen in months.  I believe that there are some people on this earth that we are connected too, and I believe I am connected to her.  I can't really explain it, but its there. She has cancer.  She has every right to be mad at the world, but she isn't.  She is happy.  She laughs.  She finds humor in what could be, and probably sometimes is, an awful day.

I don't have cancer, but I do get mad at the world, ASU, and professors.  Sometimes its hard for me to happy and laugh.  Sometimes its hard for me to have perspective and remember what is most important, instead of getting consumed by school.

Over spring break I visited a friend and she taught me that life is what it is.  Enjoy it.  Don't worry about what it is next because there is something bigger than ourselves in charge, and it will all work out in the end if we do our part.

I love my friend.  She helps me stay grounded.

No comments: