Friday, May 8, 2009

Celebrations

So we have done some celebrating recently in our lives as you all know. First of all, Chase graduated at the end of April! I got to be the proud wife as he walked across the stage and received his diploma. For those of you who don't know, graduation is covered in two days at BYU. The first day is the university commencement and the second day is the college convocation. Chase and I decided to get to commencement early and just take some pictures of him all over campus. We got the traditional pictures as well as a picture of him in his favorite cubicle in the library. Nothing particularly exciting happened at commencement except that we actually spotted Chase walking in among the 6000 graduates. I totally screamed when I saw him because we never expected to recognize him in a sea of blue. Ironically, it was much harder to find him after the ceremony.

Thursday night was not nearly as fun as Friday morning though. I think the Kennedy Center has the best graduation. So not only was the entire ceremony finished in an hour and twenty minutes but the musical numbers were performed by a Venezuelan band. It was way better than those wimpy piano solos that someone performed at mine. There was one sketchy moment of the ceremony however. The student speaker started out talking about rape and domestic violence numbers. Talk about a depressing beginning! He ended up somehow turning the talk around into protecting the family. Of course, the most exciting moment was when Chase walked across the stage. I have never seen a smile so big! I was so proud of him. Afterward, we went to a reception put on by the Kennedy Center and they served Argentinian food. We topped off the afternoon by going with his family to Carrabba's for lunch. It was a fun two days.

Now for our other celebration, we had our two year anniversary this past Monday. It's hard to believe. We didn't go out of town this year but we did have a fun evening together. We went to the Bean Museum in the afternoon simply because I've never been there. It was very romantic to see all the Dik-dik's. :) Then we went out to dinner at Ottavio's which is this wonderful Italian restaurant down the street from our house. It was where Chase and I went for our first Valentine's Day together. We topped off the evening by going to get gelato which was so rich. We decided they were better than the gelato we ate at the Italian Embassy but don't tell them that. So that's our celebrating and now we're set to relax for a few weeks for what we affectionately call "summer break."

No comments: